Skip links
vehicle transport company

PCS Orders and International Car Transport

Military Families Take Your Personal Vehicles With You

Moving OCONUS for Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines When you get your Permanent Change of Station order one thing to consider is to have your privately owned vehicles (POV) shipped to your new duty station. Though there are exceptions, most military personnel and their families can keep personal vehicles with them when stationed internationally, including cars, trucks and motorcycles.

To keep things under your control and on your schedule, start early and make the arrangements yourself using an independent vehicle shipping carrier service. You’ll maintain flexibility and management of your valuable property ensuring safe transport and timely delivery.

Start the process as soon as you receive your PCS order request information, follow the correct internal procedures, and make contact with the vehicle shipping carrier of your choice one with a vehicle transport and dispatch company that offers:

  • Familiarity with military and international documentation requirements
  • Partnerships with licensed, insured, and bonded Freight Forwarders
  • RORO (roll-on/roll-off) service or Container Transport
  • International door-to-door transport service

It is a big deal to ship a vehicle overseas; but, with the right company and the right process, POV transport can be professionally and safely completed. Bring the comfort of your own vehicles to you and your family while serving internationally with a well-planned, well-executed vehicle transport.